Thursday, May 12, 2005

Phantom Of The Opera

This new DVD release is based on the Andrew Lloyd Weber musical and I must say I was completely bored by the whole affair. First of all, maybe I’m the only who thinks this but, I just don’t see the originality in taking an all time classic, creepy, horror movie in the “Nosferatu” mold and scoring music onto it and calling it a musical. Watch Lon Chaney’s performance and tell me if this makes sense. I mean, what’s next, “The Werewolf The Musical?”

Secondly, the plot itself is rather lame and it ends on a very vague note. This isn’t “Chicago,” which to me scored big time in terms of originality and transferred well onto the big screen.

“Phantom” bored me and made me yearn for “The Creature from the Black Lagoon, the love story musical!” Stay away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home