Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The Woodsman

I strongly suggest renting this new DVD release starring Kevin Bacon as a convicted and paroled pedophile trying to battle his demons and get his life back together. This is not your typical movie and was not a commercial hit; it only was a hit with critics who rightly thought he deserved an Oscar nomination for his role. Kyra Sedgwick, his real-life wife, costars in this hauntingly good performance. Being a sensitive topic, it’s not a movie that the public will embrace. But if anyone can make you feel pain and actually feel in general for a sex offender who is battling his disease, it’s Kevin Bacon - one of the best actors around today. Kudos to him for expanding his acting capabilities and taking a controversial and commercially flop of a role, which I assume he knew it wouldn’t be a hit with the public.

Keep an open mind and enjoy his performance and this movie.

6 Comments:

Blogger New England Magazine said...

Try it. In one way it surprised me and yet since Kevin Bacon is such a terrific actor, it didn't surprise me. Watch it and share your opinion here.

11:22 AM  
Blogger No BS said...

I really want to see this movie. I can't imagine what it must be like to carry this kind of thing around every day.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

I found the movie rather disturbing; I think that was the point. It was a very well acted movie and it really should have more recognition. It really gives you the view of a pedophile.

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mother said this was an excellent movie. It's currently number two in my Netflix queue.

8:54 PM  
Blogger New England Magazine said...

Couldn't agree more Bill. Again, for those that will be watching it at some point, I welcome your thoughts and comments.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really is a good film. Yes disturbing but in a way that makes you think rather than grosses you out

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home