Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Sideways

Every new release that I force myself to rent becomes harder and harder to sit through. So, when I watched “Sideways” I couldn’t have been more pleasantly surprised.

It’s about two middle-aged guys, Paul Giamatti (a terrific and underrated actor), and Thomas Hayden Church, spending a week in wine country before Church gets married. While it does start off on the slower side, it turns into both of them experiencing a re-examination of their current lives that is loaded with excellent dialogue and some very funny moments.

This film is definitely worth watching. You will enjoy this underrated movie. Was it worth the Oscar nominations it received? Probably not. But then again, compared to “Saw,” “The Village,” and “The Forgotten,” it is an academy award winner. A strong thumbs up from me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

I thought it was a terrific movie; very entertaining. That is what I want from a movie. That was pretty gross when he drank from the spit pot.

12:33 PM  
Blogger New England Magazine said...

Absolutely! And it's getting harder to find quality movies, or tv programs to watch. Thank you for reading and commenting.

8:42 AM  
Blogger binventive said...

Sideways was one of my favorite movies of last year. I also liked Paul Giamatti in Americal Splendor.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home