Friday, November 04, 2005

House of Wax

You can do worse with today’s releases of “so-called” horror movies than to rent “House of Wax.” A far-reaching remake of the Vincent Price classic, this one did have its moments and atmosphere to make it worth watching.

In a nutshell, it’s a group of college kids that end up in a town where the “local residents” seem to manage their situation through their house of wax (I’m careful not to reveal too much!). And again, you can kind of guess what happens to these younglings when they cross those obsessed with wax.

My complaint is I wish they showed more of the wax transformations (if that makes sense) since, to me, that’s the best part of the movie. But with that said, I do recommend it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I prefer the original. I always like Vincent Price, and I just cant get up any interest in Paris Hilton. But, I guess money talks more than talent.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home