Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Sox Acquire Beckett

Anyone who doesn’t love this Red Sox deal of acquiring 25 year old Marlin flamethrower, ex world series MVP, Josh Beckett, and Gold Glove winner, Mike Lowell for minor leaguers Hanley Ramirez and Isabel Sanchez is flat-out crazy!!!!!

The Sox picked up a potential number one starter for years to come, who, if healthy, can give them 20 wins, an ERA under 3.00, 300 strikeouts, and shut the Yankees down when needed. Sound like a young Curt Schilling to anybody?! And for what? A minor league shortstop with potential and disciplinary questions who will not play shortstop here due to Edgar Renteria's presence there. And they didn’t have to part with prize prospect Jon Lester, instead giving up borderline prospect Isabel Sanchez. To me, this is a win-win gamble that could pay huge dividends for this team for years to come.

All I want to know is which of the 42 guys running the team made this trade!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey New England Magazine. Very nice blog :0) I just got inside from washing and waxing my truck. It is my baby. Took me 2 hours though. So I settled down into my basement and started doing some web surfing. Anyways I am in the process of grabbing my masters degree and have spent the last 6 months researching poker chip racks. In the midst of my surfing I landed smack dab in the middle of your blog. I hope you do not think I am intruding but I must say it is great blog. Even though Sox Acquire Beckett is way off base from poker chip racks I found myself cruising through your blog archives for the last half hour :0) You have some nice blogging friends. Anyways, I need to get back to my mission. I wrote don’t your url and feel free to visit me here at poker chip racks. I am so busy so I can only update my site monthly. Keep up the great work.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well this blog certainly is not about personalized poker chips set. What the heck! I guess the internet can play some tricks on us sometimes. I have been on-line for two hours
researching personalized poker chips set and came tumbling across your blog. I LOVE IT! I needed a break from personalized poker chips set anyways :-) If you don't mind I want to add your
blog to my favorites list so I can come back later on and read some more stuff. Well I guess I should get back to researching personalized poker chips set.
Even though my search is not on Sox Acquire Beckett I am glad I came across your blog. Keep blogging away!

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I just got back from the gym and I am beat. I am currently doing some research on cheap poker chips sets and stumbled across your blog. Which cracks me up really. The internet can certainly land you off base sometimes. Even though Sox Acquire Beckett is not completely related I think it is a cool blog. I have read back through the archives and lots of people make some very good points. Well I have been on-line forever it seems. I need to continue to plug away at cheap poker chips sets. If you have the energy swing by cheap poker chips sets. I try to update my site weekly and maybe you will see something you like. I already snagged your URL and put it in my favorites. If you do not mind I will be back again. Great job!

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home