Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Assassination of Richard Nixon

This little chestnut flew under the radar screen when it was released in 2004.

It stars the terrific Sean Penn as a disillusioned man living in President Nixon's 1973-74 America. It’s the story of a man who is trying to get his life back together, but fails due to the system. This is “based” on a true story and watching Sean Penn’s pain is an intimate study in human emotion and the mental decline of an individual. It is very compelling and I highly recommend it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll go to the club and get this movie, I like movies like these that are based on history, even if it has a bit of fiction in it.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I'll have to go rent it. I had never heard of it. Thanks for posting about it.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

I just got through watching it and I thought it was just OK. I guess I just don't like that kind of movie. It just thought it was a downer. I just did not feel for him.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Princess Wild Cow said...

I got this from Netflix on the basis of Sean Penn and was totally amazed by it. The intensity of it was only outdown by Penn's presentation.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home